Bicycling is a popular mode of transportation and a great way to enjoy the outdoors in Arlington, Texas. However, bicycle accidents can be severe and life-altering. When a cyclist is involved in an accident, it is essential to seek legal assistance promptly. An experienced Arlington bicycle accident lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal process and obtain the compensation you deserve.
In addition, it is crucial to obtain medical care promptly after a bicycle accident. Even if you feel fine, some injuries may not manifest symptoms until later. By seeking medical attention, you can ensure your health and well-being are protected.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident due to another driver’s negligence, reach out to The Adley Law Firm. Our experienced team of Arlington bicycle accident lawyers will help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. We offer a FREE CONSULTATION to discuss your case and answer any questions you may have.
Request a Free Case Evaluation
If you would like to get in touch with The Adley Law Firm, please fill out the form on our website. We will respond promptly to discuss your case and evaluate your options.
Bicycle Accident Statistics in Arlington, TX
The fatality rate for bicycle accidents in Arlington is unfortunately high. According to the Arlington Police Department’s bike accident data, there has been a consistent increase in bicycle accidents over the past few years.
Bicycle Accident Figures in Texas
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) initiated the Share the Road campaign to raise awareness about bicycle safety and encourage motorists to respect cyclists on the road. Despite this campaign, significant bicycle accidents still occur in Texas.
Research from the Texas A&M Transportation Institute revealed that there were over 2,000 bicycle injuries and collisions in Texas in 2021 alone. This alarming figure highlights the importance of understanding and following cycling laws for both cyclists and motorists.
Familiarizing with Texas Cycling Laws
In Texas, bicycles are considered vehicles, and cyclists must follow the same rules and regulations as motor vehicle drivers. Some general bicycle-related laws in Texas include:
- Cyclists must ride in the same direction as traffic and as close to the right side of the road as possible.
- Cyclists must signal their turns and stops.
- Cyclists must yield to pedestrians.
Arlington, TX, has specific biking rules and regulations that can be found on the Bike Texas website. For example, in Arlington, cyclists may use the main driving lane if there is no bike lane, and the lane is not wide enough for a motor vehicle and a bicycle to safely share.
Typical Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Arlington, TX
There are several prevalent causes of bicycle accidents in Arlington, TX, many of which involve negligent behaviors by motorists. Some common causes include:
- Distracted driving, such as texting or talking on the phone
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to yield the right of way to cyclists
- Opening car doors into a cyclist’s path
- Speeding or reckless driving
Common Locations for Bicycle Accidents in Arlington, TX
Bicycle accidents frequently occur at specific locations in Arlington, such as intersections, where motorists may not be paying attention to cyclists. Some of the most hazardous intersections for biking in Arlington, TX, include:
- Cooper Street and Sublett Road
- Matlock Road and Mayfield Road
- Park Row Drive and Bowen Road
At The Adley Law Firm
The Adley Law Firm provides specialized legal representation for bicycle accident victims. Our Arlington bicycle accident lawyers understand the unique challenges that cyclists face and work diligently to build a solid case with substantial evidence. We will fight for the compensation you deserve for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages resulting from the accident.
Prevalent Bicycle Accident Injuries
Injuries from collisions involving motor vehicles can be severe and life-altering. Some common bicycle accident injuries in Arlington, TX, include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), which can result in permanent cognitive, physical, and emotional impairments
- Fractures, especially to the arms, legs, and ribs
- Injury to the spinal column, which can lead to paralysis or chronic pain
- Damage to internal organs, such as the liver, spleen, or kidneys
- Joint injuries, including dislocations and ligament damage
- Abrasions and lacerations, which can result in scarring and disfigurement
Helmet Usage Statistics in Bicycle Accidents
Wearing a helmet while cycling is crucial for preventing head injuries. Intriguing statistics about helmet usage include:
- Helmets can reduce the risk of head injury by 50% and the risk of severe brain injury by 74%.
- In 2017, only 22% of cyclists involved in accidents were wearing helmets.
- Wearing a helmet can also reduce the risk of facial injuries by 33%.
Our Arlington Bicycle Accident Lawyers Require No Upfront Payment
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident, contact The Adley Law Firm’s Arlington bicycle accident lawyers today. We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing unless we recover compensation for your case.
Our team is accessible 24/7/365 to answer your questions and provide support throughout the legal process. We also have bilingual team members who can assist clients in both Spanish and English.
Bicycle Accidents FAQ’s
We understand that you may have many questions about bicycle accidents and the legal process. We have compiled a list of ten frequently asked questions and provided answers and resources to help guide you. Please reach out to our experienced Arlington bicycle accident lawyers for more information and personalized advice on your case.