The Adley Law Firm, located in Bastrop, Texas, is a reputable law firm specializing in personal injury cases, including car accidents. The firm’s compassionate and experienced team of attorneys is dedicated to assisting individuals who have suffered injuries due to the negligence of others. Their services include providing legal advice, negotiating settlements, and representing clients in court.
The Necessity of Seeking Legal Assistance
Car accidents can be a traumatic experience, and navigating the legal process can be overwhelming. Texas has specific laws and deadlines that must be followed when pursuing a personal injury claim. For instance, the statute of limitations in Texas is two years from the date of the accident. Failure to file a claim within this time frame may result in losing the right to recover compensation.
It is crucial to obtain legal assistance as soon as possible to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve. The Adley Law Firm offers an initial consultation, where they will discuss your case and guide you through the legal process.
Why Opt for The Adley Law Firm
Kris Adley and his team at The Adley Law Firm have extensive experience handling Bastrop car accident cases. They understand the various factors that need to be considered following an accident, such as:
- Emergency, hospital, medical care, and surgical expenses: Car accidents can result in severe injuries requiring immediate medical attention. The Adley Law Firm will work to ensure that you receive compensation for your medical bills.
- Lost earnings due to the accident: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages. The Adley Law Firm will fight to recover these damages on your behalf.
- Future medical expenses: In some cases, injuries sustained in a car accident may require ongoing medical treatment. The Adley Law Firm will work to ensure that you receive compensation for these expenses.
- Funeral and burial costs: In the tragic event of a fatal car accident, the Adley Law Firm will seek compensation for funeral and burial expenses on behalf of the deceased’s family.
Steps to Take and Avoid After an Accident
When involved in a car accident, it is essential to take the following steps:
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others at the scene
- Call the police to report the accident
- Exchange information with the other driver, including names, contact information, and insurance details
- Document the scene by taking photographs and gathering witness information
- Seek medical attention, even if your injuries seem minor
After an accident, avoid doing the following:
- Admitting fault or discussing the details of the accident with the other driver
- Providing a statement to the insurance company without consulting an attorney
- Signing any documents or accepting a settlement offer without legal counsel
It is crucial to obtain a police report, as it can provide essential evidence in your case. In Texas, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is two years from the date of the accident. It is crucial to seek legal assistance as soon as possible to ensure that your rights are protected.
No Success, No Fee Policy
The Adley Law Firm operates on a contingent fee basis, meaning that they do not receive payment unless your case is successful. This policy ensures that clients can access legal representation without worrying about upfront costs. The Adley Law Firm encourages individuals to get in touch for a complimentary consultation to discuss their case and the legal process.
Navigating the Insurance Claims Process
After a car accident, it is essential to file an insurance claim to recover compensation for damages. The following steps should be taken when filing an insurance claim:
- Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible
- Provide accurate and detailed information about the accident
- Keep copies of all documentation, including medical bills, repair estimates, and correspondence with the insurance company
When dealing with insurance companies, it is essential to remember that their goal is to minimize payouts. Be cautious when speaking with insurance adjusters, and consult with an attorney before making any statements or accepting a settlement offer.
Texas law requires drivers to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage. This includes:
- $30,000 for bodily injury or death of one person in an accident
- $60,000 for bodily injury or death of two or more people in an accident
- $25,000 for property damage
Preparing for a Potential Trial
In some cases, a car accident claim may proceed to trial if a settlement cannot be reached. A trial involves presenting evidence and arguments to a judge or jury, who will then make a decision regarding liability and damages. Having a qualified trial attorney representing you in court is crucial to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
The Perils of Distracted Driving Accidents
Distracted driving can take many forms, including texting, talking on the phone, eating, or adjusting the radio. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, distracted driving caused over 95,000 accidents in Texas in 2018. To avoid distracted driving, it is essential to focus on the road and eliminate any distractions while driving.
In Texas, penalties for distracted driving can include fines and points on your license. In some cases, distracted driving can result in criminal charges if it leads to severe injury or death.
The Dangers of Texting and Driving Accidents
Texting and driving pose significant risks to both the driver and others on the road. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2018, over 18% of all car accidents in the state were caused by texting and driving. To prevent texting and driving, consider using hands-free devices or apps that disable texting while driving.
In 2017, Texas passed House Bill 62, which prohibits the use of electronic devices to read, write, or send text messages while driving. Violators can face fines up to $200 for repeat offenses.
Selecting the Ideal Car Accident Attorney
When choosing a car accident attorney, it is essential to ask the following questions:
- How much experience do they have handling car accident cases?
- What is their success rate in obtaining settlements and verdicts?
- Will they personally handle your case, or will it be delegated to a less-experienced associate?
Working with a specialized firm like The Adley Law Firm ensures that you will receive personalized attention and expert legal representation.
Car Accident Lawyer FAQ’s
To assist prospective clients, The Adley Law Firm has compiled a list of frequently asked questions and answers. These questions cover topics such as:
- Cost of initial consultations: The Adley Law Firm offers complimentary consultations to discuss your case and the legal process.
- Statute of limitations: In Texas, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is two years from the date of the accident.
- Types of compensation available: Compensation may include medical expenses, lost wages, future medical costs, and pain and suffering.
- Assessing the value of a case: The value of your case will depend on factors such as the severity of your injuries, the extent of your medical treatment, and the impact of the accident on your life.
- The likelihood of going to court: While many cases settle out of court, some may proceed to trial if a settlement cannot be reached.
- Fees for The Adley Law Firm’s services: The firm operates on a contingent fee basis, meaning they only receive payment if your case is successful.
By providing answers to these questions, The Adley Law Firm aims to help potential clients make informed decisions about their legal representation.