In the city of Edinburg, bicycle accidents are an unfortunate reality. When a cyclist is involved in an accident, the consequences can be severe and life-altering. It is crucial to consult an experienced Edinburg bicycle accident attorney after a bicycle accident. They can help you navigate the complex legal system and ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
After a bike accident, it is essential to obtain prompt medical care. Your health is of utmost importance, and seeking immediate medical attention can help your recovery and serve as valuable evidence in your case.
If another driver’s negligence caused your bike accident, reach out to The Adley Law Firm for assistance. Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to helping you recover the compensation you deserve. We offer a FREE CONSULTATION to discuss your case and explore your legal options.
Request a Free Case Evaluation
Take the first step towards getting the help you need by filling out our online contact form. Our team will review your case and get in touch with you to schedule your free consultation.
Edinburg Bicycle Accident Statistics
Bicycle accident fatality rates in Edinburg are a cause for concern. According to the Edinburg Police Department, bike accidents involving motor vehicles have resulted in severe injuries and fatalities in recent years.
Texas Bicycle Accident Statistics
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) launched the Walk. Bike. Safe. campaign to raise awareness about pedestrian and cyclist safety. A study by the Texas A&M Transportation Institute revealed that between 2010 and 2014, Texas experienced a 53% increase in the number of fatal bicycle crashes.
In 2021, bicycle injuries and crashes in Texas continue to be a significant issue. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that cyclist fatalities accounted for 2.3% of all traffic fatalities in 2021.
Bicycle Laws in Edinburg and Texas
Both the city of Edinburg and the state of Texas have specific bicycle laws in place to protect cyclists and promote safety. The Edinburg cycling laws and guidelines from Bike Texas outline the rights and responsibilities of cyclists on city streets and state highways.
In Edinburg, TX, there are exceptions for bicyclists using main driving lanes. When a cyclist is traveling at a slower speed than other traffic, they are permitted to ride as close as possible to the right curb or edge of the roadway. However, cyclists may use the full lane when overtaking and passing another vehicle or when preparing for a left turn.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Edinburg, TX
Bicycle accidents in Edinburg, TX, are often caused by negligent behaviors on the part of motorists. Some common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving, such as texting or talking on the phone while driving
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to a cyclist at an intersection
- Turning directly in front of a cyclist, causing a collision
- Opening a car door without checking for oncoming cyclists
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Bicycle Accident Hotspots in Edinburg, TX
Certain locations in Edinburg are more prone to bicycle accidents than others. Some of the most frequent locations for bike crashes in the city include busy intersections, areas with high traffic volume, and streets with limited visibility.
It is essential for cyclists to be aware of these riskier areas and take extra precautions when riding through them.
The Adley Law Firm’s Approach
At The Adley Law Firm, we understand the unique challenges faced by bicycle accident victims. Our attorneys are committed to providing personalized legal representation and building a persuasive case with solid evidence.
We work closely with our clients to understand the specifics of their accident and the impact it has had on their lives. Our goal is to ensure that our clients receive the compensation they deserve for their medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Typical Bicycle Accident Injuries
When a cyclist is involved in a collision with a motor vehicle in Edinburg, TX, the injuries can be severe and life-altering. Some of the most common bicycle accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries, which can result in long-term cognitive and physical impairments
- Fractured bones, often requiring surgery and extensive rehabilitation
- Injuries to the spinal column, which can lead to paralysis or limited mobility
- Damage to internal organs, potentially requiring surgery and ongoing medical care
- Injuries to joints, such as dislocations or torn ligaments
- Abrasions and lacerations, which can lead to scarring and disfigurement
Helmet Usage Statistics for Bicyclists
Wearing a helmet while biking can significantly reduce the risk of sustaining a head injury in a collision. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, helmets reduce the risk of head injury by 60% and the risk of brain injury by 58%. Despite these compelling statistics, many cyclists still choose not to wear a helmet when riding.
No Upfront Fees for Our Edinburg Bicycle Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident, don’t hesitate to contact The Adley Law Firm’s Edinburg bicycle accident lawyers today. We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t pay any upfront fees, and we only collect a fee if we successfully recover compensation for your case.
Our team is available 24/7/365, and we have bilingual team members who can assist you in both Spanish and English. Reach out to us today to schedule your free consultation and take the first step towards getting the help you need.
Bicycle Accident FAQ’s
It’s normal to have questions after a bicycle accident, and our team is here to help. We’ve compiled a list of 10 common questions and provided answers and resources to help you better understand your legal options:
- What should I do immediately after a bicycle accident?
- How can an Edinburg bicycle accident lawyer help me?
- What kind of compensation can I expect after a bicycle accident?
- How long do I have to file a bicycle accident claim in Texas?
- What if the driver who hit me doesn’t have insurance?
- Can I still recover compensation if I wasn’t wearing a helmet during the accident?
- What if I was partially at fault for the accident?
- How long will it take to settle my bicycle accident case?
- What evidence is needed to prove negligence in a bicycle accident case?
- How much does it cost to hire an Edinburg bicycle accident lawyer?
For answers to these questions and more, contact The Adley Law Firm today to schedule your free consultation.