The Adley Law Firm, located in Edinburg, Texas, is a reputable and experienced law firm that specializes in car accident cases. With a compassionate and knowledgeable team of attorneys led by Kevin Adley, the firm is dedicated to providing exceptional legal representation to those who have been involved in car accidents. The Adley Law Firm offers a wide range of services to help clients navigate the complex legal landscape following an accident, including representation in negotiations, insurance claims, and litigation.
Why It’s Crucial to Consult an Attorney
In Texas, the laws governing car accidents can be complex, with numerous statutes and regulations that dictate how and when claims must be filed. Furthermore, the state’s statute of limitations imposes strict time constraints on filing a claim, making it essential to seek legal assistance promptly. The initial consultation process at The Adley Law Firm is designed to provide potential clients with a clear understanding of their legal rights and options, as well as the steps necessary to pursue a claim.
Reasons to Choose The Adley Law Firm
Kris Adley and his team of dedicated attorneys have extensive experience handling car accident cases in Edinburg and the surrounding areas. They understand the unique challenges that these cases present and are committed to pursuing a fair and just outcome for their clients. When evaluating a car accident case, the team at The Adley Law Firm considers a variety of factors, including:
- Emergency, hospital, medical treatment, and surgery expenses: The firm will meticulously examine all medical records and expenses related to the accident to ensure that clients receive fair compensation for their injuries and medical costs.
- Lost income due to the accident: Loss of income can be a significant financial burden for those involved in a car accident, and The Adley Law Firm will work diligently to recover lost wages and other employment-related damages.
- Future medical care: In some cases, ongoing medical treatment may be necessary, and the firm will fight for compensation to cover the cost of any future medical care required as a result of the accident.
- Funeral expenses: In the unfortunate event of a fatal accident, The Adley Law Firm will work compassionately with the victim’s family to recover compensation for funeral and burial expenses.
Steps to Take and Avoid After an Accident
It is essential to take certain steps and avoid others following a car accident to protect your legal rights and maximize your chances of obtaining fair compensation. At the accident scene, it is crucial to:
- Check for injuries and call for medical assistance if needed.
- Contact the police and file a report.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other parties involved.
- Document the accident scene by taking photos and collecting witness information.
Following the accident, it is recommended to:
- Seek medical attention, even if your injuries appear minor.
- Notify your insurance company of the accident.
- Keep detailed records of all medical treatment and expenses.
- Consult with an Edinburg car accident lawyer.
It is also essential to obtain a police report, as this document serves as an official record of the accident and can be invaluable in building a case. In Texas, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims related to a car accident is two years, making it crucial to act quickly and consult with an attorney as soon as possible.
No Success, No Charge Policy
The Adley Law Firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means that clients do not pay any legal fees unless their case is successful. This policy ensures that clients can access the firm’s legal expertise without worrying about upfront costs or financial risk. The Adley Law Firm encourages potential clients to contact them for a complimentary consultation to discuss their case and determine the best course of action moving forward.
Navigating the Insurance Claims Process
Filing an insurance claim after a car accident can be a complicated and often frustrating process. The Adley Law Firm can guide clients through this process, ensuring that they provide accurate information and adhere to all necessary deadlines. When interacting with insurance companies, it is important to remember that their primary goal is to minimize their financial liability. Therefore, it is crucial to consult with an attorney before accepting any settlement offers or providing recorded statements.
In Texas, drivers are required to carry a minimum level of liability insurance, which includes $30,000 per person/$60,000 per accident for bodily injury and $25,000 for property damage. However, these minimum requirements may not be sufficient to cover the costs associated with a severe accident, making it essential to work with an experienced car accident attorney to pursue additional compensation if necessary.
When a Case Proceeds to Trial
While many car accident cases are resolved through negotiations and settlements, some cases may proceed to trial. In these situations, it is vital to have an experienced and proficient trial attorney representing your interests in court. The attorneys at The Adley Law Firm are skilled litigators who are prepared to present compelling arguments and evidence to obtain a favorable outcome for their clients.
Accidents Caused by Distracted Driving
Distracted driving is a leading cause of car accidents in Texas, and it can be categorized into three main types: visual, manual, and cognitive distractions. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2019, there were 97,853 accidents involving distracted driving, resulting in 378 fatalities and 2,500 serious injuries. To avoid distracted driving, it is essential to:
- Keep your eyes on the road and avoid looking at distractions such as billboards, pedestrians, or other vehicles.
- Keep your hands on the wheel and avoid activities that require manual manipulation, such as eating, adjusting the radio, or using a cell phone.
- Keep your mind focused on driving and avoid daydreaming or engaging in emotionally intense conversations.
The consequences of distracted driving can be severe, including significant financial liability, criminal charges, and loss of driving privileges.
Texting and Driving Accidents
Texting and driving is a particularly dangerous form of distracted driving, as it involves all three categories of distraction. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, texting while driving increases the risk of a car accident by 23 times. In Texas, in 2019, there were 3,954 accidents involving texting and driving, resulting in 26 fatalities and 335 serious injuries.
To prevent texting and driving, drivers should:
- Turn off or silence their phone while driving.
- Use hands-free technology or voice-activated texting if necessary.
- Pull over to a safe location if they need to send or read a text message.
In September 2017, Texas House Bill 62 went into effect, making it illegal to read, write, or send a text message while operating a motor vehicle. Violators can face fines ranging from $25 to $200, and in the event of an accident caused by texting and driving, the driver may also be subject to criminal charges and civil liability.
Selecting the Right Car Accident Lawyer
When choosing a car accident lawyer, it is important to ask potential attorneys about their experience handling cases similar to yours, their track record of success, and their approach to communication and case management. By selecting a specialized firm like The Adley Law Firm, clients can be confident that they are receiving knowledgeable, experienced, and dedicated representation in their car accident case.
Visit our auto accident FAQs for answers to all your car accident questions.