The Adley Law Firm is a reputable legal practice renowned for its dedicated and experienced team of attorneys who specialize in helping victims of car accidents in Galveston. Our firm is committed to providing personalized legal assistance to clients who have suffered physical, emotional, and financial losses due to the negligence of others.
This comprehensive article aims to guide you through the process of working with a Galveston car accident lawyer and the various aspects of car accident cases.
The Need for a Skilled Attorney
Car accidents can be incredibly complex, and navigating the legal system in Texas can be daunting for those who are unfamiliar with the specific laws and time constraints that apply to these cases. For example, Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims, meaning that you have a limited time to take legal action after a car crash. Seeking legal counsel promptly is crucial to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
At The Adley Law Firm, we understand the importance of a timely response and offer a free initial consultation for potential clients. During this meeting, our skilled attorneys will gather essential information about your case and advise you on the best course of action moving forward.
Reasons to Choose The Adley Law Firm
Kris Adley and his team of experienced attorneys have a proven track record of successfully managing Galveston auto accident cases. They understand the key factors that must be evaluated after a car crash to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. These factors include:
- Emergency, hospital, and medical expenses: The cost of medical care after a car accident can be overwhelming. Our attorneys will ensure that you are compensated for these expenses by negotiating with insurance companies and, if necessary, taking your case to court.
- Lost income due to the accident: If your injuries prevent you from working, our team will fight to recover lost wages on your behalf.
- Ongoing medical care: In some cases, victims of car accidents require ongoing medical treatment. Our attorneys will work to obtain compensation for these future expenses.
- Funeral expenditures: In the tragic event of a fatal car accident, our compassionate team will help the victim’s family recover compensation for funeral costs.
Steps to Take and Avoid After an Accident
Knowing what to do after a car accident can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. Here are some recommendations for actions to take at the crash site and following the accident:
- Check for injuries and call for medical help if needed.
- Move to a safe location if possible.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident.
- Document the scene by taking photographs of the vehicles, road conditions, and any other relevant factors.
- Obtain contact information from any witnesses.
It is also crucial to acquire a police report as it provides an official account of the accident and can be used as evidence in your case. Furthermore, be aware of the two-year statute of limitations in Texas for personal injury claims and ensure that you take legal action within this time frame to avoid losing your right to compensation.
No Successful Outcome, No Fee Structure
At The Adley Law Firm, we believe that our clients should only pay for our services if we successfully recover compensation on their behalf. This is why we operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will not be charged any legal fees unless we secure a favorable outcome for your case. We encourage you to reach out to our team for a complimentary consultation to discuss your case and learn more about our contingency fee arrangement.
Navigating Insurance Claims
Submitting an insurance claim after a car accident can be a complex process, and it is essential to understand how to interact with insurance providers to protect your interests. Our experienced attorneys will guide you through this procedure and ensure that your claim is handled appropriately.
Texas operates under a “fault” insurance system, meaning that the at-fault driver’s insurance company is responsible for compensating the injured party for their damages. It is crucial to be cautious when speaking with insurance adjusters, as they may attempt to minimize your claim or deny it altogether. Our team will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
When the Case Proceeds to Court
In some instances, car accident cases may proceed to court if a settlement cannot be reached with the insurance company. Having a skilled trial lawyer representing your interests in the courtroom is essential to maximize your chances of a favorable outcome. The attorneys at The Adley Law Firm have extensive experience litigating car accident cases and will aggressively advocate for your rights in court.
Dangers of Distracted Driving Accidents
Distracted driving is a leading cause of car accidents in Texas and can be categorized into three main types: visual, manual, and cognitive distractions. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2019, there were over 97,000 traffic crashes involving distracted driving, resulting in 378 deaths and 2,500 serious injuries.
To avoid distracted driving, follow these suggestions:
- Put away electronic devices while driving.
- Adjust vehicle settings before starting your journey.
- Refrain from eating or drinking while behind the wheel.
- Plan your route in advance to minimize the need for navigation adjustments.
Penalties for distracted driving in Texas can include fines, license suspensions, and even criminal charges in severe cases.
Risks of Texting While Driving Accidents
Texting while driving is a particularly dangerous form of distracted driving, as it involves all three types of distractions. In 2018, the Texas Department of Transportation reported that 1 in 5 crashes involved driver distraction, with texting while driving being a leading cause.
To prevent texting and driving, consider the following measures:
- Turn off your phone or put it on silent while driving.
- Use a hands-free device or voice-to-text feature if you must communicate while driving.
- Pull over to a safe location if you need to send or read a text message.
In 2017, Texas enacted House Bill 62, which prohibits drivers from reading, writing, or sending electronic messages while operating a motor vehicle. Violators can face fines of up to $200 for a first offense and $500 for subsequent offenses.
Selecting the Ideal Car Accident Lawyer
When choosing a car accident lawyer, it is essential to ask the right questions to ensure that they are the best fit for your case. Some inquiries to consider include:
- What is your experience handling car accident cases similar to mine?
- What is your success rate in obtaining favorable outcomes for clients?
- How will you keep me informed about the progress of my case?
By opting for a specialized firm like The Adley Law Firm, you can trust that our team of dedicated attorneys has the experience and knowledge necessary to effectively represent your interests in a car accident case.
Car Accident Lawyer FAQ’s
We have compiled a list of 10 common questions related to car accidents and provided answers and resources for prospective clients. These questions and responses address various topics, such as:
- Consultation costs: The Adley Law Firm offers a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
- Statute of limitations: In Texas, there is a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims arising from car accidents.
- Available compensation: Compensation can include medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
- Estimating case value: Our attorneys will evaluate the specifics of your case to estimate its potential value.
- Attending court: While many cases are settled out of court, our experienced trial attorneys are prepared to represent you in court if necessary.
- Fees for The Adley Law Firm’s representation: Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will not be charged any legal fees unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.
With this comprehensive guide, we hope to provide valuable information for those seeking the assistance of a Galveston car accident lawyer. At The Adley Law Firm, our dedicated and experienced team is ready to help you navigate the legal process and obtain the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.