Truck accidents are a major cause for concern due to their potential to cause severe injuries, extensive property damage, and even fatalities. With a large number of commercial trucks on the road in Galveston, Texas, truck accidents are unfortunately common.
Navigating a truck accident injury claim can be challenging, as intricate regulations and serious injuries are involved. This is where the expertise of a skilled Galveston truck accident lawyer becomes invaluable.
Injured in a Truck Accident in Galveston?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Galveston, the proficient truck accident lawyers at The Adley Law Firm are here to help. With a complimentary, no-commitment consultation, our legal team will assess your case and provide guidance on how to proceed. It is crucial to have a legal team with a solid track record of success when dealing with truck accident cases, and The Adley Law Firm has the experience and knowledge necessary to fight for your rights.
Galveston, TX Truck Accident Statistics
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) provides valuable data on truck accidents in Texas, including Galveston. In recent years, there have been many truck accidents in the city and the surrounding Galveston County. These statistics underscore the importance of seeking legal assistance after a truck accident to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Leading Causes of Truck Accidents in Galveston, TX
Truck accidents in Galveston can be attributed to various causes, with some being more common than others. These may include negligent actions by trucking companies, truck drivers, and cargo handlers. To identify liability and build a strong case, it is essential to hire a skilled Galveston truck accident lawyer who can thoroughly investigate the accident and determine the responsible parties.
Careless Actions Leading to Truck Accidents
Several careless actions can contribute to truck accidents, including:
- Truck driver exhaustion: Fatigued truck drivers are more likely to make mistakes on the road, leading to accidents.
- Impulsive driving by truckers: Speeding, tailgating, and other reckless driving behaviors can result in devastating truck accidents.
- Improperly loaded or secured cargo: Overloading or improperly securing cargo can cause trucks to become unstable, leading to accidents.
- Unsafe road conditions for trucking: Poorly maintained roads, construction zones, and other hazardous conditions can contribute to truck accidents.
- Inattentive driving by truckers: Distracted driving is a leading cause of truck accidents, as truckers may fail to notice changes in traffic patterns or other hazards.
- Insufficient training of truck drivers: Inadequate training can result in truck drivers being unprepared for various driving situations, leading to accidents.
- Truckers driving under the influence (DUI): Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can impair a truck driver’s ability to safely operate their vehicle.
- Inadequate vehicle fleet upkeep: Failure to maintain trucks properly can result in mechanical failures and accidents.
Steps to Take Following a Truck Accident
After a truck collision, it is essential to take the following steps:
- Find a safe location: If possible, move to a safe area away from traffic and the accident scene.
- Contact the police: Call 911 to report the accident and request medical assistance if needed.
- Exchange details and take photographs: Obtain contact and insurance information from all parties involved in the accident, and take photos of the scene, vehicles, and any injuries.
- Search for witnesses: Speak with anyone who may have witnessed the accident and obtain their contact information.
- Consult a doctor: Seek medical attention for any injuries, even if they seem minor, as some injuries may not be immediately apparent.
- Contact The Adley Law Firm’s Galveston truck accident lawyers: Reach out to our experienced legal team to discuss your case and explore your options for compensation.
Typical Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Lacerations and contusions
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries
It is crucial to seek medical and legal assistance after a truck accident to ensure you receive the care and compensation you need to recover from your injuries.
Galveston Truck Accident FAQ’s
- What should I do immediately after a truck accident?
Follow the steps outlined above in the “Steps to Take Following a Truck Accident” section.
- How long do I have to file a truck accident claim in Texas?
Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including truck accidents. It is crucial to act quickly to ensure your rights are protected.
- What damages can I recover in a truck accident case?
Compensation can include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and more.
- How much does it cost to hire a Galveston truck accident lawyer?
The Adley Law Firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing upfront and only pay if we win your case.
- What if the truck driver was not at fault for the accident?
Our legal team will investigate the accident and identify any potentially liable parties, such as the trucking company, cargo handlers, or other third parties.
- Can I still recover compensation if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Texas follows a modified comparative negligence rule, which allows you to recover compensation as long as you are not more than 50% at fault for the accident. However, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
- How long will it take to resolve my truck accident case?
The timeline for resolving a truck accident case can vary depending on the complexity of the case and the willingness of the parties to settle.
- Should I accept the insurance company’s settlement offer?
Before accepting any settlement offer, consult with a Galveston truck accident lawyer to ensure you are receiving fair compensation for your injuries.
- What if the trucking company denies liability for the accident?
Our legal team will gather evidence and build a strong case to prove liability and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- How can I learn more about my legal rights and options after a truck accident?
Contact The Adley Law Firm for a free, no-commitment consultation to discuss your case and explore your options.
The Adley Law Firm Provides Representation Without Upfront Costs
At The Adley Law Firm, we understand that dealing with the aftermath of a truck accident can be financially challenging. That is why we offer representation without upfront costs, operating on a contingency fee basis. This means that you pay no fees unless we win your case. To learn more about our services and how we can help you, contact us for a free consultation.
Contact The Adley Law Firm’s Galveston Truck Accident Lawyers Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Galveston, do not hesitate to reach out to The Adley Law Firm for a free consultation. Call or save our contact information to ensure you have the support and representation you need to protect your rights and secure your recovery. Remember, the statute of limitations in Texas is two years, so it is crucial to take action as soon as possible to ensure the best possible outcome for your case.