Every day dozens of customers shopping at IKEA may come across an accident. The owner and its employees are responsible for keeping the property and premises safe, but accidents can still occur.
If you become injured at IKEA, the first thing you should do is contact an attorney. You should also get medical attention for your injuries even if you are not showing any symptoms.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
- Sore Back
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Knee Injuries
- Impinged Nerves
- Internal Bleeding
- Broken Bones
- Slipped Discs
Any injury resulting from a slip and fall should be checked by a medical professional immediately. Depending on how the accident happened the owner and its employees could be held liable for your injuries.
Common Causes of Accidents at IKEA
- Icy or slippery parking lot surfaces or entrances
- Wet or slippery floors from mopping or waxing
- Objects left out on the aisles
- Broken shelves that can cause products to fall
- Slippery bathroom surfaces
- Slippery floors from spilled drinks or products
- Broken steps
- Uneven or damaged floors
Apart from slip and falls fallen objects are also common. Accidents from a slip and fall differ from objects falling on a customer. However, both of these accidents can still hold the owner and its employees liable for your injuries.
Even if the accident happened outside the store IKEA is still held responsible.
Holding IKEA Responsible For Your Injuries
In order to have a claim against IKEA, you need to have evidence to show that the store was negligent.
- IKEA knew of the hazardous condition but did nothing, resulting in your accident.
- The employee did not know about the hazardous condition when they reasonably should have.
- The owner and the employees did not warn anybody about the dangerous condition in a reasonable amount of time.
For example, if an object from a broken shelf fell on top of you and the employees or the owner knew that the shelf was broken but did nothing to fix it then they are held liable for your injuries.
Get in Touch With an Experienced Attorney
The attorneys at Adley Law Firm have worked with other clients in the past and are competent in taking on your claim. They have the resources necessary for taking down big stores like IKEA.
We believe every client should receive just compensation and will not stop fighting until you receive the compensation you deserve.
Don’t prolong your claim any longer, call us now or schedule an appointment to get started on your case.