Truck accidents are among the most severe and catastrophic incidents that occur on our roadways. Due to the significant size and weight of commercial trucks, accidents involving these vehicles often result in life-altering injuries or fatalities. Pearland and the surrounding areas see a high volume of commercial trucks, increasing the likelihood of truck accidents in the region.
These accidents are complex and challenging due to the intricate regulations governing the trucking industry and the severity of injuries that result from these collisions. Therefore, it is crucial for anyone involved in a truck accident to consider hiring a skilled Pearland truck accident lawyer to help them navigate the legal process and ensure they receive fair compensation for their injuries.
Have You Been Injured in a Truck Accident in Pearland?
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident in Pearland, The Adley Law Firm’s experienced Pearland truck accident lawyers are here to help. They offer a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case and provide guidance on the best course of action. Having a legal team with a proven track record of success in handling truck accident cases is essential to ensure you receive the justice and compensation you deserve.
Pearland, TX Truck Accident Statistics
Truck accident data from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) highlights the alarming frequency of truck accidents in the state. In Pearland, TX, there were 84 crashes involving heavy trucks in 2020. In Brazoria County, where Pearland is located, there were 231 heavy truck crashes in 2020.
These statistics emphasize the importance of seeking legal help after a truck accident. A skilled Pearland truck accident lawyer can help you understand your rights and pursue compensation for your injuries and losses.
Leading Causes of Truck Accidents in Pearland, TX
Truck accidents in Pearland can be caused by various factors, often involving negligence on the part of trucking companies, truck drivers, or cargo loaders. Some of the most common causes of trucking accidents in Pearland include:
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Mechanical failures or poor vehicle maintenance
- Improperly loaded or secured cargo
Determining the cause of a truck accident is crucial for establishing liability and pursuing compensation. A skilled Pearland truck accident lawyer can thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident and help you hold the responsible parties accountable.
Negligent Behaviors Leading to Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are often the result of negligent behaviors by truck drivers, trucking companies, or other parties involved in the transportation process. Some common negligent behaviors that can lead to truck accidents include:
Truck driver exhaustion: Federal regulations limit the number of hours a truck driver can work, but drivers may still push themselves to drive while fatigued, increasing the risk of an accident.
Aggressive driving by truckers: Tailgating, speeding, and other aggressive driving behaviors can lead to catastrophic accidents.
Improperly loaded or secured cargo: Overloaded trucks or cargo that is not properly secured can cause a truck to become unstable and difficult to control.
Hazardous road conditions for trucking: Poor weather, construction zones, or other road hazards can increase the risk of truck accidents.
Distracted driving by truckers: Texting, eating, or engaging in other distractions while driving can lead to dangerous accidents.
Insufficient training of truck drivers: Inexperienced or poorly trained drivers may not know how to handle their vehicles safely, increasing the risk of accidents.
Truckers driving under the influence (DUI): Alcohol or drug impairment can significantly impair a truck driver’s ability to operate their vehicle safely.
Inadequate vehicle fleet maintenance: Poorly maintained trucks can lead to mechanical failures and accidents on the road.
Essential Steps to Take After a Truck Accident
If you find yourself involved in a truck accident, it’s crucial to take the following steps to protect yourself and preserve evidence for your case:
- Find a safe area: Move to a safe location away from traffic if possible.
- Notify the police: Call 911 and report the accident, providing necessary details to the dispatcher.
- Exchange information and document the scene: Collect the truck driver’s name, contact information, insurance details, and trucking company information. Take photos of the accident scene, vehicle damage, and any visible injuries.
- Gather witness information: If there are any witnesses to the accident, collect their names and contact information.
- Seek medical attention: Visit a doctor or hospital as soon as possible to assess and document any injuries sustained in the accident.
- Contact The Adley Law Firm’s Pearland truck accident lawyers: Reach out to an experienced truck accident attorney to discuss your case and begin the process of seeking compensation.
Typical Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accident injuries can range from minor to severe, often resulting in long-term or permanent disabilities. Some common injuries sustained in truck accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Internal organ damage
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries
Seeking medical attention after a truck accident is crucial, as some injuries may not be immediately apparent. It’s also essential to consult with a Pearland truck accident lawyer to ensure your rights are protected and you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Pearland Truck Accident FAQ’s
- Do I need a lawyer after a truck accident? It’s strongly recommended to consult with a Pearland truck accident lawyer after an accident, as they can help you navigate the complex legal process and ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
- What damages can I recover in a truck accident case? You may be eligible to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and other losses related to the accident.
- How long do I have to file a truck accident claim in Texas? Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims, meaning you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
- What if the truck driver was an independent contractor? You may still be able to hold the trucking company responsible for the accident if they were negligent in hiring, training, or supervising the driver.
- Can I still receive compensation if I was partially at fault for the accident? Texas follows a modified comparative negligence rule, meaning you can still recover compensation if you were partially at fault, as long as your percentage of fault is not greater than 50%.
For answers to more frequently asked questions, consult with a Pearland truck accident lawyer.
The Adley Law Firm Provides No Upfront Cost Representation
The Adley Law Firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay no upfront costs for their services. They only collect a fee if they successfully recover compensation on your behalf. This allows you to focus on your recovery without worrying about legal fees.
Contact The Adley Law Firm Today!
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident in Pearland, don’t hesitate to contact The Adley Law Firm for a free consultation. Remember, the statute of limitations in Texas is two years from the date of the accident. Act now to protect your rights and seek the compensation you deserve.